Nursing Skill Enhancement: Dementia Care Training Program
Enhance your knowledge and awareness of dementia, enabling you to provide quality care for persons with dementia.
You will learn and actively use the CareinLifetraining approach to understand the person living with dementia and their behaviour, while engaging in meaningful dialogue with the care team to ensure individualized support. You will also learn about and practice person-centred care, as well as effective communication strategies to enhance the quality of life for people with dementia.
By taking this course you will learn:
• How to provide person-centred care
• How to describe general aspects of aging, Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
• To interpret how changes in the brain associated with Alzheimer’s disease will affect all aspects of an individual’s life
• To recognize that challenging behaviour is responsive behaviour
• To apply the CareinLife training approach to explore the possible causes of responsive behaviours and identify supportive care strategies
• Communication strategies when working with someone with dementia